Hey so we bought a house! I know I don't write on here for months and months...blah, blah blah.
Well so here it is!
We started house hunting back in April and this was the 30-ish house we saw and we loved it! It was a short sale but we thought it might go rather quickly due to the circumstances it was in. We were wrong. We put our offer in April 2nd and two weeks later found out that the bank had our paper work mixed up with another couple and we had to start back at square one.
Then about 6 weeks later we got the unofficial word that the house was ours "Hooray! And we should hear something in the next day or so "officially"... well that took about 2 weeks.
Finally on Monday, June 6th (while we were looking at other houses, just in case) we got the call while we were with out Realtor (bless him because it was quite a roller-coaster) that the house was ours and that we were going to close on Thursday, June 16th! (For those of you who can't count that's just 10 days, and we still had to get the appraisal and inspection done) Due to some great work by out Realtor we got both of those things done in less than a week! We closed on June 16th, the day before Ben left town for a week and I left town for a little over 2 weeks!
The afternoon of closing I had to get something done on the house so we decided to start painting the ceilings.
They went from this:
Thus our ceiling painting adventure begun. Since that day we have painted the ceilings in the Living room, dining room, half-bath, kitchen, guest room, mini-hall way, and guest bathroom. So much painting.
I will write another post soon with pictures because we have also painted over the orangey-gross color in the living room (PTL!) and painted the dining room, kitchen, 1/2 bath and guest room walls!
I cannot believe what a huge difference you've already made in that front room! It's been so fun to watch the progress!
ReplyDeleteYeah! I can't wait for more pics. Miss you all!!
ReplyDeleteYay for house pics! I'm definitely looking forward to more :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the updated pictures ~ more please! ;) Love you both!
ReplyDelete