Friday, September 23, 2011

New Year's Update

(Written by Benjamin)

What's up, bloggers? A little while ago I was enjoying an evening with Bowzzz and he mentioned that it had been a while since I had last contributed to this blog, so I promised him that I would make a contribution within a few weeks. That promise was made in June. For my failure to post as promised I apologize, Bowzzz. I hope this makes up for it.

These past few months have been pretty crazy here in the Rocky Mountain State. I have been busy painting and doing various craft projects (see previous posts). I have also been busy following through with my New Years' Resolutions. Here's an update on what I have accomplished so far:

1. Dinner with Bowzz and his wife: While I don't think that we actually had dinner together, we did spend a lovely evening together along with a few other close knit friends.

2. Reading More: This is probably the resolution that I have spent the most time on accomplishing. Here's a few books that I have read over the past 6 months (or so): "Almost Christian," "Shadow of the Almighty - Biography of Jim Elliot," "Enders Game," "Love Wins," the CS Lewis Space Trilogy, "Unbroken," and a few others. I won't go into great detail of any of these books. Some of them were very good. Some of them were "okay." And one of them was just flat out frustrating (thanks, Jim Elliot). Maybe I should start a new blog that just reviews books. That hasn't been done yet, right? I am currently reading through the latest book on Bonhoeffer. Look for a review in the next 6 months.

3. Watch "House on Haunted Hill": As I mentioned in my last entry, I have been wanting to see this 1959 classic for quite some time. As you all know, I am a huge Richard Long and Vincent Price fan. I don't want to ruin anything for those of you who haven't yet seen the movie, but let me just say that it turns out that Vincent Price's character is responsible for killing two people in the movie. Check out the trailer here. I love the part with the shaking skeleton.

4. Eat at the Honey Baked Ham Cafe: This resolution is looking to get fulfilled today for lunch. As most of you already know, I LOVE ham roll sandwiches. One of my favorite memories from camp is staying up late, having a good cry with my "buds" (ie, Legges, Bowzz, and Doug McDoogles) and eating ham roll sandwiches in the early hours of the morning. I'll never forget those moments. And while I doubt that the Honey Baked Ham Cafe serves ham roll sandwiches, I hope that I am able to get some ham and roll.

That just about covers everything I have accomplished so far. My hope/dream is that in the next month I am able to get in that canoe trip and start getting closer to lifting hundreds of pounds over my head. I hope/trust/assume that you all are doing well. I love each and every one of you more than you could ever know and I look forward to seeing you all sometime this year. Have yourself a totally awesome day. And if you are up for a magical experience in the Rockies, give me a call. ; )

- Ben

1 comment:

  1. Vincent Price is my all-time favorite actor! I even have his autograph (I didn't get it, of course... my uncle did and gave it to me!). But yes, House on Haunted Hill is a great one.

    ReplyDelete