Thursday, August 25, 2011

Busy Bees....

I have been out-of-control busy the past few weeks and with every thing I was doing I thought "I should write a post about this" and then I didn't. It's the thought that counts though, right?

So I could drag this out into several posts but we have some dear friends coming into town tonight (Leggs and Quiglet), so I think blogging will be the last thing on my mind while they are here. So yes, I am cramming, shoving, and squeezing several things into one looooooong post, if you don't like it then don't read it :)

We started getting really busy about a month ago when we had some guests (Ben's sister's family) stay with us for a week. It was so much fun to see them and explore Colorado with them. Here is  a cute picture of us:

The week after they left we had kind of an end of the summer craziness with the youth group that included a trip to Elitch Gardens, a lock-in, Sky Sox Baseball game and cook out all in a matter of 4 days. Needless to say we were worn out! So we took a week-ish break from all things home improvement :)

Ok so that brings us to the second week of August (My birthday week if you will):

Project One: Shelves In The Living Room and Dining Room

This was a pretty basic improvement. We went to Ikea and bought some shelves and put them together. Done.

Picture of the Living room before:


And now one of it after:


If you look on the shelf you can see the housewarming gift I bought for Ben. I really love it. I had it done by Jennifer Marie Designs and she did a great job!
Here's a closer look:


Isn't it great?

Okay now onto the dining room:

Before:

And after:



Please don't judge the lack of styling done on these shelves. I just threw some stuff on there (and yes there is pumpkin. I had just found it at  Homegoods and thought it was silly to pack it away to get back out in a month so I just left it out).

I didn't have much time for styling because we had more wonderful guests come into town.


 Doesn't Jefferson look so excited to be at the top of Pikes Peak? We had a great visit with Ben's brother's family but got right back in the swing of home improvement after they left.

 
Project Two: The Half Bath

I started this project the day after Ben's brother's family left knowing I only had three days to work on it and it took me all three days, working a few hours each day. I have always wanted to try this and the small bathroom seemed like the perfect place to try it. Are you ready for this?

Our half bath went from this:

to this beautiful thing:





 and this!


can I say that it is amazing looking even though I am the one that did it?
and I love the little peak inside going from this:




...and last but not least I did this last project last night while watching some Friday Night Lights (Ben and I just started Season 1 and LOVE it!)

Project Three: Laundry Room Light

Our laundry room had no light except for the one from the hallway so I decided to fix it Young House Love style.

It went from this, right after we moved in.

To this:





I painted it back in June. But I did not make the light until last night! Isn't it so cute? Here's another look at the light.





Made this whole thing (including the Ikea light kit) for less than $25! (Here's the DIY instructions for those who are interested :Young House Love Clothespin Light

So that's what we have been up to the past month. Crazy right? Hope you made it to the end of this marathon post. Because I think it was worth it!

I am going to go take a nap now to prepare for the Wood's arrival :)

4 comments:

  1. I really like your house Jaimie. It is so adorable. You and Ben did a great job. I love decorating. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE all the projects you have done Jaime! The house picture is absolutely wonderful, and a great idea. I will have to remember this for when we move because I would love to have a reminder like this of our 1st home. That light is so cute. So is it clothes pins on there? Did you add those or did it come like that? I am so jealous that you are getting to see jeff and quinlan. I miss you all so much! At least we still have Tye, Lauren and baby Audrey to keep us company :) Hope you all are doing well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The light is really cute ~ but I am *most* impressed w/ your mad painting skills! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the chevron walls - so cute! I think it's awesome to do something so unexpected in the bathroom! And I love the YHL-inspired clothespin light. I'm considering making it happen in our laundry room too :)

    ReplyDelete